Gary W. Belson Associates, Inc. offers this course to persons of good reputation who may lawfully purchase and possess firearms and are eligible to obtain a Concealed Weapon License. It is an 8 hour course that blends the tactics with shooting techniques, anti-kidnapping, anti-robbery, anti-terrorism, anti-carjacking, and how to break up a home invasion.
View the current training schedule.
|7:45 AM – 8:00 AM||Sign in and fill out the Waiver of Liability Forms|
|8:00 AM – 10:00 AM||Go over handguns from zero|
|10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Fire 150 rounds on the range to include advanced techniques|
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||Break for lunch|
|1:00 PM – 5:00 PM||Tactics to include anti-home invasion, what to do if there is a terrorist attack, how to prevent a robbery, how not to be kidnapped and anti-carjacking|
|5:00 PM – 6:00 PM||Discussion on how to not go to jail – optional extra one hour class for $20|
Note: The Basic With Defensive Tactics course runs from 7:45 AM to 5:00 PM – rain or shine. The How Not to Go to Jail course runs from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM – rain or shine.
ALL FIREARMS ARE TO BE UNLOADED AND SEPARATED FROM AMMUNITION WHEN ARRIVING THE EDUCATIONAL & RANGE FACILITY OR DEPARTING THE FIRING LINE. FIREARMS MUST BE SECURELY ENCASED AND LEFT IN YOUR LOCKED VEHICLE – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Firearm – We suggest your choice for self-defense. Semi-automatic pistols should have extra magazines if available. Due to the cost of ammunition, a .22 caliber semi-automatic pistol is suggested. Plan to expend no less than 150 rounds of environmentally safe ammunition such as Encased Metal Jacket or Full Metal Jacket if available. Guns and ammunition will be inspected prior to shooting.
- Dress for weather conditions and comfort.
- You will have 1 hour for lunch and there are local places to eat such as McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy’s. If you want to bring your lunch, that is fine. Also, consider bringing snacks, soft drinks and water in a cooler.
- 1 old bath towel required for padding out the bench rest shooting position
- Wrap around eye protection rated for shooting required
- Ear plugs and muffs required
- Flashlight required
- Notebook and pen suggested
Point of Contact